Friday 4 May 2018

It's Time to Blog... Again

I used to have a FreeWebs site when I was a young teenager. It was nothing serious but a lot of fun. It opened my eyes to the wonders of having your own 'website'.

I never seriously had a blog until I was pregnant with Thing 1. As most first time mums, I enjoyed documenting my feelings and Thing 1's developments along with midwife appointments and milestones. I even went as far to blog after the birth. It didn't last however, and as I became used to being a mother and slowly realised baby content can be mundane and seriously uninteresting for a lot of humans.

Regrettably, I deleted that blog in its entirety, posts and all. Details in memories lost. Looking back now, I would have probably kept that blog alive by closing it to the public only but I was embarrassed by my writing style and the personal level on which it was written. I was also still in contact with various people I would rather not have been which kept me stunted and prevented me from growing and flourishing into my own, true identity.

Several years have passed since then, a lot of things have changed. In the last 3 years, I feel as though I have been able to come into my own -not completely- a little more and cut loose a lot of baggage I had been carrying around for years.

Now that I am in a different country with different associates, a new look and a new outlook, I feel as though I can start afresh. With this blog, I intend to practice my writing and practice my writing and practice my writing. I would love for it to be read but I do not mind if it is not.

The proper purpose of this blog is for me to document my feelings and thoughts without the hassle and clutter of pen and paper. It is for me to learn and grow as a writer. It is so that I may pave the path for my dreams to come true.

Here's to a new beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SATURDAY MORNINGS ARE FOR DESSERTS

After a busy school week I like to create a chill and cosy Saturday morning so the kids can feel relaxed. This morning I conjure...