Tuesday 18 August 2020

CAREER FOMO (among other things)

Being a (young) mum has had many challenges but the thing I have found most challenging overall is  the Fear Of Missing Out, FOMO for short.

Whilst I am spending my days attending to every need and whim of my small children, I am pitifully aware of how my peers are getting on and upward in the career world. My degree, from which I graduated almost 6 years ago, is outdated, random and does not guarantee me any job in any sector. Together with the fact that I have literally no work experience, I find myself worrying daily about how I will enter the job sector after my children are all at school.

______________________________
A much later edit

The above bit of prose was a draft of blog post from two years ago.

I am pleased to inform you that I no longer worry about finding work once my children have grown. 

I moved back to my hometown which allowed me to emerge from my displacement anxiety. Honestly, I feel more settled now than I have at any other time in my life.

I've grown a little older and wiser and realised more so that I need to submit to fate and that it's actually convenient to do so. 

I have faith that when I need to find a job that I will. Because where theres a will, there's a way.






No comments:

Post a Comment

SATURDAY MORNINGS ARE FOR DESSERTS

After a busy school week I like to create a chill and cosy Saturday morning so the kids can feel relaxed. This morning I conjure...